Monday, July 04, 2005

Good deed

Yesterday I was not in the best of moods, but today it's totally different. I am happy, rather very-very happy because I did a good deed today. I donated a unit of blood today to someone who really needed it, but could not afford to buy one. I do not know who he is, don't even know his name but what I do know is that I made him feel better. Didn't I? And that is what gives me immense pleasure.

Once I had done that, I along with a few friends went out for a movie (Sarkar) but that did not happen because by the time we reached the counter for buying the tickets they had sold all i.e. it was already a HOUSE-FULL. Anyway, had a gala time as we hanged out at the shopping malls (looking at beautiful girls) and then spent some great time at Cafe Coffee Day after which we went to Treat. We sat in Cafe Cofee Day for more than 2 hours, the longest time I've spent in a food joint at the cost of less than Rs. 60 per person. Sitting there, we discussed some of the funniest and most embarassing moments in our recent past. It was fun but then we realised that we had spent far too much time than we were expected to so we got up and left in the best interest of all of us!

All in all, it was a great evening preceeded by a happy late-afternoon. Looking forward to many more evenings like today.

By the way, before donating blood I made sure that the needle used was a new one both times. Yes, I was pricked twice. First time it was done to test my blood against various diseases and haemoglobin count and the next time, obviously, for collecting the unit of blood I had gone to donate.
No risks when it come to needles! You know why, don't you?

Another thing. I recently recieved another set of birthday cards which are indeed beautiful and full of emotions. I wanted to share some pics of them here, but the file server on which I have kept them is down at the moment. Let's see if I can do that next time. Really beautiful cards!
blog comments powered by Disqus