Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Quake -> Gauntlet -> Humiliation

This post is about two games of Quake, wherein Arjun and I were playing against the might (self-proclaimed) Bataka (Nitin Dahra)!

Now all those who know of my Quake skills and Bataka's Quake skills would have understood by now what the title suggests. Let me explain.
If you kill an opponent with a guantlet (the simplest weapon, infact not really a weapon) it is called HUMILIATION and doing that to players of good skill is very difficult.

However, I am glad to tell you that what you thought earlier is exactly the OPPOSITE of what happened today! You can read the earlier line again if you do not believe your eyes, but the fact is that you read it correctly.. I did humiliate Bataka by fragging him with a gauntlet. I would like to thank Arjun "Ozzy" Karande for his support (I am sure he is just as excited about it as I am) and Mausoom "hardrive" Sarkar for those encouraging words which were pinching Bataka in the a** right throughout the game.

Just to add to his humiliation, I must also tell you that he was actually defeated in a game by Arjun and Mausoom and his cries could be heard from outside the room for long after the match. The final score was 59-49 in favour of Arjun+Mausoom team.

I would like you all to reach out to Bataka and wish him better luck for the next game ;-) His e-mail address is nitinkd[at]gmail.com

PS: He did humiliate me twice after that but for that, Who Cares?
blog comments powered by Disqus