Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Symbol of friendship

DISCLAIMER: This is senti stuff. Read at your own risk! Do not bother me with any questions related to this.

Few years back, on this date i.e. 22th March, I was a witness to the marriage of one of my best friends better known as 3.8 (:P) amongst my friends at IIT-K and as Shivalee amongst my friends at BVCoE and Rosary School. What happened to me for a few months after that is a sad (and at the same time, amusing) story but that's not the subject of this post. I'd like to add here that I do not really like to discuss that story so please do not ask me about it. Here, I'll post about the symbol of friendship that she and I share.
Back in August 2000, I had my best Friendship Day with Shivalee and Namita with me. Now these two girls (women now, I guess) are my best friends and I really wish to be with them for as long as I can. That day in August, Shivalee tied a wrist-band around my hand as a symbol of our friendship and I have carried it around my wrist since that day. So far so good.
The problem, however, is that due to constant wear-and-tear, the band has gotten into a not-so-good shape and I fear that if I keep going on like this, it would snap-off sooner or later. To be ab;e keep it as a life-long memory, I decided to take it off my wrist and preserve it for as long as I can. Since today I was anyway going to call her up, I decided to ask (read inform) her about this and so I did. Guess what, I'll be getting a new one!

The entire process refreshed some of the moments I enjoyed the most. Olden times are undoubtedly golden times!
blog comments powered by Disqus